Thursday 21 July 2011

A link to the home of my final project

For my final project, I decided to take advantage of the opportunity to begin my work for the upcoming school year. Part of my job will be to provide PD for content-area teachers who are looking for ways to better serve the needs of the EAL learners in their classroom. Because teachers are very busy and I am only in the school building part time, I thought that perhaps a digital workshop might be an appropriate venue for my tutorials and for discussion with other teachers. Consequently, I have created a wikispace that will house my resources, the first of which is the video I created for this course.  I chose this topic because it was an issue that sparked a lot of discussion in a course I took this spring.  Please take a moment to visit my wiki. It's somewhat underdeveloped at this point, because I am just starting, but my hope is that by the end of my term, the teachers at my school will have access to bank of resources that will hopefully make their jobs easier and improve the learning experience for the EAL students in their classes.
 (NOTE: The video is embedded on a youtube link on the home page under the heading 'week 1'.)

Enjoy!

http://ealcorner.wikispaces.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment